[strongSwan] Verizon LTE connection disconnects on Android when using VPN

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 23:27:14 CET 2015

I found an interesting problem with strongSwan running on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It turns out that there is a bug where the LTE connection will turn off and then back on after a few seconds. I was experiencing problems where web pages would not fully load or timeout and I could not figure it out since everything was working fine when connecting through the WiFi connection.
It turns out that this is a known bug with Android - https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/826624?start=0&tstart=0
I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows a fix?
Thanks,
Mark-