[strongSwan] xAuth request for VICI

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Feb 27 10:19:03 CET 2015

Hi,

> Your fix to use the ordered dictionary worked perfectly. Thank you very
> much. It is now accepting vpn connections.

Great. I'll check how we can mention that issue in the documentation.

> Regarding the `vips` configuration, I thought that it was the replacement
> for the `rightsourceip` option in ipsec.conf (obviously I misinterpreted
> the documentation).

No, the rightsourceip option is separated in swanctl.conf/vici to the
pools and vips options for servers and clients, respectively.

> It does work when I create a pool as you specified, but
> if I want to give each connection a static pre-determined ip is there
> anyway to do that other than creating a pool for each connection?

No, currently there is no way to directly specify an address with the
pools option. You have to use dedicated pools, or use a pool backend
that supports static leases (attr-sql).