[strongSwan] dhcp/farp plugins

Alexander Sbitnev alexander.sbitnev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:58:36 CEST 2014

I can be wrong, but I still try to respond :)
IMHO without this farp you should create separate address pool
for roadwarriors and implement some routing (L3) leading to this pool.
With farp you can assign roadwarriors with IP addresses from your
internal corporate network. If any station on internal network resolving
roadwarrior IP with ARP your ipsec gateway will respond with its own mac
address. This way all packets with roadwarrior's destination IP will be
going
towards gateway by L2 means.
It just easier for configuration.
I suppose "responder" is an ipsec gateway internal interface, and it
responding to workstation/routers from internal network.