[strongSwan] starting strongswan before left=%defaultroute is set

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Fri Oct 31 16:10:29 CET 2014

Hi,

Is there a way to have StrongSwan defer starting (or "StrongSwan
reload") until %defaultroute is set?

I have a few remote sites that get their IPv4 address via DHCP.
StrongSwan starts at boot.  On occasion DHCP hasn't assigned the IP
address or default route before StrongSwan starts, so connections with
auto=routed are not routed.  Traffic will not create an IPsec Tunnel.

Right now, I need to ssh into the machine and issue reload.

Thanks,
MikeC