[strongSwan] ipsec statusall not responding

Nanda Gopal nandanator at gmail.com
Sun May 11 07:27:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a IPSec setup, which has 8 IKEv1 or 8 IKEv2  Protect Policies
configured, tunnels established successfully with the Security gateway.
An application program reads the   "ipsec statusall" output and based on
the tunnel unavailability, will modify the ipsec.conf with a new right id
and performs "ipsec update", resulting in a new tunnel getting established.

This thread based application, relies on the ipsec statusall command
output, but after sometime,  I am not able to run "ipsec statusall"
manually on the DUT console. As a result, the application fails to work as
expected as well.

Could you please help me here in understanding the problem and resolve it?

Nanda