[strongSwan] Any special settings for RDP over a Strongswan IPsec VPN?

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Oct 1 08:00:51 CEST 2013

Am 30.09.2013 23:51, schrieb Alex Red:
> Do you think my difficulty is because my Strongswan runs on a Linux
> server with only one LAN interface, so there is some double-natting
> going on?
>
>   ===> iptables -A POSTROUTING -t NAT -j SNAT --to-source 192.168.0.50
> <===
If this setup works for other TCP-based traffic, it should work for RDP
as well. But look at your packet loss rates - try to ping the remote
machine with packets of e.g. 1024 size and at least 100 pings; if you
have anything above 1% you may have a problem with the underyling
connection. This is not so bad for HTTP as the objects are small and the
protocol is not interactive - packet loss with RDP may lead to aborts or
hanging connections if it is too high.

Regards,
Jakob Curdes