[strongSwan] Load balancing

Naveen pncbose at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 19:56:59 CET 2013

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has been successful in loadbalancing Strongswan using LVS so far? It would be great if any notes/direction is pointed.

I am trying to load balance VPN connections and looking for a simple cheap solution (for eg avoiding hardware solutions such as F5).
I am not considering DNS based load balancing. My understanding of Strongswan High availability is that it takes care of handling errors and at this point i dont need that and really not sure if it can solve my loadbalancing requirement.

There are few questions in LVS forum but no specific answers...

thanks in advance
Naveen