[strongSwan] Is there a supported way for non-root users to get tunnel status?

Jeremy Beker gothmog at confusticate.com
Tue Jun 11 18:50:04 CEST 2013

All,

I'm toying with the idea of building a status monitor for StrongSwan tunnels, but I obviously don't want the tool to run as root, nor have the ability to set up or tear down tunnels.  Basically, all I want is the data contained in a 'ipsec statusall' command.

Is there a supported way to get this data? I can't find a way, but I wanted to ask before I look at more in-depth changes.

Thanks!

-Jeremy

Jeremy Beker - gothmog at confusticate.com
http://www.confusticate.com
Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.