[strongSwan] Possible to do DNAT on actual IP packet encapsulated in ESP?

Bharath Kumar cbkumar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:21:34 CET 2013

I have a scenario where I need to redirect all the traffic (destined to
various hosts on the rightsubnet) coming in via the ESP tunnel to be
redirected to a local squid proxy. Without the IPSec/ESP, the approach
would have been to do a DNAT in the PREROUTING chain of IPTables. That
doesn't apply for ESP case because the actual IP packet is
encapsulated/encrypted.

Was wondering if anyone could offer any help. Am using 5.0.1.

Thanks.