[strongSwan] Replay window weirdness with charon

Guru Shetty gurushettylists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:52:02 CEST 2012

Hello All,
 In Strongswan 4.6.4 and 4.5.2(this one comes from Ubuntu 12.04), I
see some weirdness while setting the replay_window.

My primary goal is to disable the replay protection. In
strongswan.conf, if I set the "replay_window = 0" (or any value <=
32), I see the replay window to be stuck at 32 (when seen with setkey
-D). But, if I set the replay_window with any value >= 32, I see the
replay window size as 0.

I have seen this in both Linux kernel 3.2 series as well as in 3.5
series. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Guru