[strongSwan] IKE_SA/CHILD_SA instance

yordanos beyene yordanosb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:42:24 CET 2012

Hi SS team,

I appreciate if any one could explain to me whether IKE_SA connection
instance # is unique within the entire IKE_SA list? I want to know if there
is a possibility to identify each IKE_SA uniquely with the instance number
displayed with "ipsec statusall".   Currently, my understanding is that it
is unique within a connection but I want to be sure.

I also have the same question for CHILD_SA. Is the instance ID unique with
in the entire IPsec SA list?

I want to use the instance # (without connection name) to delete IKE_SA and
CHILD_SA's.

Thanks!

Jordan.