[strongSwan] newbie qs. suite B with AES-GCM

Philip Anil-QBW348 anil.philip at motorolasolutions.com
Tue Jan 3 23:26:16 CET 2012

I am trying to use suite B with AES-GCM.Hence I am trying to use the configuration belowhttp://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/alg-aes-gcm/
I set up the following:Linux box running ubuntu server 11.10On the box, I installed Strongswan and then added the config files for gateway moonfrom the link. I connected the Linux box to a Netgear wireless router.I also configured a laptop to connect to the router. Installed strongswan and roadwarrior carol config files on it.
On laptop, tried

$ ipsec statusall
whack: no right to communicate with pluto (access("/var/run/pluto.ctl"))
Connect to socket failed: Permission denied

Anil