[strongSwan] SPI range in 4.5.0

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Fri Nov 19 12:30:09 CET 2010

Привет Владимир,

the charon IKEv2 daemon always restricted its SPI range to

  0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF

whereas the pluto IKEv1 daemon going back to the FreeS/WAN
project always used the nearly complete range

  0x1000 to 0xfffffffff

with the lowest SPIs reserved for manual ESP setup.

Thus if you are running IKEv2 only, you can use any SPI outside
the 0xCnnnnnnn range for your private application.

Kind regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)