[strongSwan] Issue in creating the Strongswan setup

shibin k shibin00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:19:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

  I've just created a strongswan setup in my machine and tried to run
charon. I'm getting the following error when trying to start charon.

00[DMN] Starting IKEv2 charon daemon (strongSwan 4.4.1rc2)
00[KNL] listening on interfaces:
00[KNL]   eth0
00[KNL]     10.6.11.178
00[KNL]     fe80::219:b9ff:fedd:74d0
00[KNL]   eth1
00[KNL]     191.168.68.3
00[KNL]     193.168.68.1
00[KNL]     194.168.68.1
00[KNL]     193.168.68.2
00[KNL]     194.168.68.2
00[KNL]     fe80::219:b9ff:fedd:74d2
00[KNL] received netlink error: Address family not supported by protocol
(97)
00[KNL] unable to create IPv6 routing table rule

 Any idea why this is happening.

*This is my ip-sec configuration*:

conn net-to-net
authby=secret
left=194.168.68.1                 # Local vitals
leftsubnet=193.168.68.1/32       #
leftnexthop=%defaultroute      # correct in many situations
right=192.168.10.1                # Remote vitals
rightsubnet=197.168.68.35/32        #
rightid=@ab.example.com        #
rightnexthop=%defaultroute     # correct in many situations
auto=start                       # authorizes but doesn't start this

*My secret file content is* : 193.168.68.1 197.168.68.35 : PSK
"123456789012345"

Please let me know if there is any configuration error.

Thanks,
Shibin