[strongSwan-dev] nm applet 1.4.5, pre-shared key

Harald Dunkel harri at afaics.de
Fri Aug 9 15:22:29 CEST 2019

Hi folks,

hopefully its OK to drop some complaints about the PSK
authentication option in the network manager applet (1.4.5)
here?

Certificate is (None), but this option is not greyed out for
PSK, as one would expect. Do I still have to select a certificate?

I would guess the "Name" entry is actually the local identifier,
is it?

The "Password" entry has to be manually set to one of the "Store
the password" options, which are *extremely* hard to find. Without
this you simply cannot enter the pre-shared key. This is highly
frustrating.

Apparently there seems to be a requirement to enter at least
20 chars for the pre-shared key, or you cannot save. Frustrating
again. Maybe I am too blind to see, but I haven't seen this
documented anywhere. Maybe the PSK bubble could say? How is the
peer admin supposed to know on defining the PSK?

See also https://bugs.debian.org/896086

Regards
Harri